Neurology & Neurosurgery
Neurological conditions require comprehensive, world-class care. Through UPMC Global Care, we provide personalized, comprehensive care for patients with a range of neurological disorders — both common and rare – including:
- Aneurysms and neurovascular conditions
- Cranial nerve disorders
- Epilepsy and movement disorders
- Brain tumors and lesions
- Spine tumors
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
UPMC is home to one of the nation’s leading neurological research and training programs. Our physicians have been recognized nationally and internationally for their clinical and research expertise and innovations.
Ranked among the top hospitals in the nation for neurosurgical and neurological care by U.S. News & World Report, the UPMC Department of Neurosurgery is one of the few in the world with a complete array of surgical options for brain tumors and lesions.
Whether you receive care in the United States or at one of our other locations, our goal is to maximize the benefits of surgery while minimizing the risks. We offer a comprehensive, customized approach with patients to find the path least disruptive to the brain, critical nerves, and blood vessels.
The expert surgical team has pioneered and refined minimally invasive brain surgery techniques, including:
- Endoscopic Endonasal Approach (EEA) to access the base of the skull
- Neuroendoport® to reach deep-seated tumors
- Gamma Knife® — In 1987, UPMC neurosurgeons were the first in North America to perform Gamma Knife® surgery. Since then, we have performed more than 12,000 procedures using the Gamma Knife system.